Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Things to Remember by Taniqua Moden

Dear, Mr. McDaniel


I would like to address some issues about the time I spent in your class which was my senior year and how you gave me a hard time in your physics class. As soon as I walked in your class I could sense that you had a problem with. People use to tell me all the time about your class and how hard you try to be, but I didn’t pay any attention to them because I decided that if I go into your class and do my work and do what I was supposed to do then everything would go smooth. I was the only African American student in your classroom, I did not think that would be issue, but it soon became a problem. On the first day of your class as soon as I walked in you told me that u had a assigned seat, but I did not pay any attention to it because nothing really crossed my mind until I noticed that the rest of the students got the opportunity to set where they wanted to that’s when I realized that something was not right.

Next, it was another issue that I wanted to bring to your attention. You always talked about Barack Obama being the president of the United States. I use to get really offended about the statements you use to make. You also allowed other students to turn their homework in a day late, but when I would ask for more time u would say “No, excuses”. I still don’t understand why u treated me the way you did and how disrespectful you was to me and I gave you all the respect.

Finally, I would like to say that thanks for being so shallow and disrespectful because I became a better person by the way u treated me. I learned that some people are just going to be a certain why towards you and judge you without getting to know someone first and that’s the way life is sometimes. I just felt like telling you how I felt and giving you some advice for the future because you never know what God has for you.

Sincerely,

Taniqua Moden

No comments:

Post a Comment